Equiheal™ aids in the protection and maintenance agains greasy heel, cuts and abrasions, white-line, seedy toe and thrush, under show white-line and nail hole protection, hoof cracks and soft soles and is also water resistant and repels flys.
Contains a blend of natural ingredients infused with lanolin, bees wax, sulfur, camphor, eucalyptus oil and selected clays.
Directions for use:
Hoof Soreness and Soft Soles Application Bandage or Hoof Boot
- Cleanse and dry hoof thoroughly.
- Stir with finger to soften ointment then apply a thick cover to the sole and frog areas. Then cover with paper, cloth or cottonwool and bandage or cover with a hoof boot. Apply daily or as required.
White-Line/Seedy Toe and Thrush Application
- Par away any crumbly or soft effected areas.
- Thoroughly clean and cleanse hoof.
- Apply an even cover of ointment to the required area.
- Check daily and re apply when and whilst required.
- Consult veterinarian or farrier if required.
- Hoof Syringe Application (Easy access for difficult areas)
Stir and soften ointment, then pack syringe with ointment and squeeze into gaps.
- If required add a minimal amount of vegetable oil to ointment and stir.
Under Shoe White-Line Protection Application
- Cleanse and dry white-line area.
- Apply ointment in a circular motion leaving a light cover and then fit shoe.
- Nail Holes: Massage ointment around nail holes when required.
Nail Holes & Hoof Cracks
- Cleanse then rub ointment into the nail holes & hoof cracks this will assist in the protection against the invasion of bacteria & fungi
of the hoof.
Hoof Health: Hoof Dressing and Frog, Sole and Thrush Protection
- Massage ointment right around the coronary band leaving a light cover.
- Cleanse and dry frog and sole then massage ointment into the frog and sole paying special attention to thrush prone area’s leaving a light cover.
- Apply once weekly or as required.
- Brush Application
- Add minimal amount of vegetable oil to the ointment and stir in well for easy application. Stir now and then.
Skin & Heels
- Cleanse and dry thoroughly.
- Stir with finger to soften ointment then apply in a circular motion leaving a light cover.
- Apply once daily or as required.
- Bandaging may assist with some applications.